Fused Glass – spring 2015
Learn and experiment with fused glass
Half-day sessions, 10am-1pm; 2-5pm, during term times
Maximum of 4 participants per session – so plenty of attention guaranteed!
Individual tuition – technical and artistic
Sessions are suitable for both complete beginners and those with some experience of glass. Small class sizes mean all students can receive tuition tailored to their level of expertise.
Learn the basics, experiment, and create fused glass tiles.
Get guidance with your own creative glass projects
Basic materials costs covered.
We will cover:
- Techniques for cutting glass
- principles of fusing clear ‘float’ glass (normal window glass)
- working with copper and silver wire and metal foils to create lines and shapes to include in our tiles
- layering metal wire & foil with clear glass to form a sandwich ready for firing and fusing
- incorporating coloured glass, glass powders and frits (granules)
- elements of design – considering shape, line, colour, composition, ideas, and all manor of other factors in creating well thought out glass artwork
(two classes, 10am-1pm and 2-5pm on each date listed)
April: Friday 17th, Sunday 19th
May: Friday 1st, Friday 15th, Sunday 17th
Single session £35 +VAT (£42) per half-day session
Book four or more sessions and get 10% off!
Contact Rachel on 07740 309553 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with details of which sessions you’d like to book. Rachel will then confirm your booking and payment details.
Stable Studios, 14 Royal Crescent Lane, Scarborough, YO11 2RL.